[thelist] Selecting text in a form text box (automatically)

Michael Galvin mpgalvin at eircom.net
Fri Sep 29 17:14:45 CDT 2000

I have a form, which is asking for a username and password.  If the user
messes up his username the first time, and wants to go back to the username
box before entering a password or pressing 'submit', I want the user to just
type away again, effectively overwriting what was there.  The easiest way to
do this would be to select the contents of the text box when entering it.

I can do it in VB, but there must be a way of doing it in JS?

Michael