[thelist] Translations

Richard H. Morris richard.morris at web-designers.co.uk
Mon Oct 2 07:26:33 CDT 2000

One of our Clients wants their web site translated into a variety of
languages: French, Italian, German, Dutch, Japanese, Czech, Russian and
Hungarian.

Whilst we can probably get the physical translations done, does anyone have
any experience and advice on how to get the translated material incorporated
into a web site?

The problems I perceive are with the Cyrillic and Japanese character sets -
I'd hate to get a Word document, for instance, and then lose the characters
in the copying process.

Secondly, if I'm using specified fonts in CSS, do I need to have a different
stylesheet/font/character set specified per language?

All help gratefully received.

Richard. H. Morris, Web Designers Limited
~~ http://www.web-designers.co.uk ~~
"I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me
          than a full frontal lobotomy"