[thelist] Homesite tag help

Bill Mason data at data1701d.com
Tue Oct 3 02:23:03 CDT 2000

At 05:56 PM 10/02/2000, you wrote:
>Hey 'Volters:
>
>Wondering if someone could offer me some quick help in customizing HomeSite
>to produce xHTML-compliant tags -- thought it would be easy, but it ain't.
>
>Please cc: me (teresa.molina at escout.com), too. Thanks! =)
>
><tip type="work smart">
>Make friends with project managers. They can make your life a Living Hell.
>Or the Happiest Place on Earth.
></tip>

I think to really do that right, you have to know the ins and outs of
programming their VTM files (which I don't).  (If that's even enough.)

There are some basic things a user can do though to help get close to XHTML
(assuming HS 4.5, all under Options/Settings):

HTML: select lowercase all inserted tags, include closing </p> when
inserting paragraph tag, set the Center button to use div align="center"

Editor/Tag Completion: turn it on and make sure that tags that must be
closed are in the list.

HS 4.5 also integrates HTML Tidy, which can convert HTML to XHTML.

Those things aren't much, but I find they go a long way to saving me time
in coding.

Bill Mason
data at data1701d.com
Dateline: Starfleet