[thelist] www.freelancer.com

Jenn Coker me at wt.net
Wed Oct 4 12:40:30 CDT 2000

ooops.. i didn't offer anything up on that one. (gee, like that's never
happened before, eh?)

www.elance.com isn't nearly as abusive to the senses --- at least not
immediately.. Now when you go looking around and see the "bidding" process..
You might be slightly offended.

now http://talent.monster.com - when it's working - is relatively cool for
the "independent professional"

and yes.. I have to say that you can and should specialize when you are on
your own.. being aware of and ready to partner with other specialties is a
definite asset to add to that speciality - (as i am once again finding out
firsthand).. -
 i still feel that collaboration between all parties of the web development
team is *essential* (this is why sites that are created in house are
typically better, imo, than those outsourced) but when you freelance/are
independent.. to offer a top notch widget that must be paired with another
top notch widget from another source produces two happy widgets that work..
To offer all the widgets but at a lower quality or cost.. eh.. not worth it
to me. Both are viable markets to hit up though.

?