[thelist] simple PHP problem

Raul Beltran espiritudelvino at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 4 23:25:11 CDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "George" <chaos_creates at yahoo.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
> To clarify: If i was to call two paragraphs of text
> from the same field in my Mysql table, that were
> seperated by a double space, would it possible with
> PHP, to dynamicaly add <P> tags to the begining of
> each paragraph so that when the brower reads it the
> text retains it's orginal formating instead of being
> outputed to the browser as one long piece of text.

I dunno, never tried before, but if I had to do this I' first try to extract
the field from the database and display it directly to see what happens. If
this doesnt work, then I think I might replace all '\n' with <p> or <br>...
or maybe put the contents of the paragraphs between <pre> </pre> tags...
hmmm any more ideas?

tell us wether or not that worked...