[thelist] color blindness

Frank framar at interlog.com
Thu Oct 5 22:48:17 CDT 2000

>  IMHO, folks who are color blind are accustomed to seeing
>  the way they do, and it would be hard to judge matters
>  of color preference for them. The real issue re.: color
>  blindness is contrast anong elements on a page. A person
>  who is red/green colorblind sees very little difference
>  between red and green, and so reddish text on a greenish
>  background would be mostly illegible.

I've only complained on a few occasions about colour schemes. What it
boiled down to was "Do I really want to read this site?"

Feel free to send me your URL off list (if you wish), and I think I
can give you a fair opinion as to whether the rest of us in the top
10% might think.

Contents not intended for use in the operation of nuclear facilities,
aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control
systems, life support machines or other equipment in which the failure
of the information could lead to death, personal injury, or severe
physical or environmental damage.

--
Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com