[thelist] color blindness

Frank framar at interlog.com
Thu Oct 5 22:51:26 CDT 2000

>  *If* color-blind people are used to being dumped on with
>  buckets of ugly every waking moment of their public
>  life, wouldn't it be a pleasure to encounter a few web
>  sites that look nice?

>  Ten percent IMHO is everything. Would you like to
>  increase your income 10 percent over last year? Have 10
>  percent more customers? I don't understand the mentality
>  web designers have in writing off users as expendable.
>  It seems lazy.

>  Nielsen Netratings says there are 149 million people
>  online in the U.S. as of this July. Even if you argue
>  those figures, those numbers will be true soon. And if
>  the 10 percent figure is correct, that means 14,900,000
>  people that U.S. sites ignore. I realize your site is in
>  Canada, but the same principle applies.

>  I suggest talking to some color-blind people to find out
>  what they really think, and go from there.

*Blush*

Thank you.

Contents not intended for use in the operation of nuclear facilities,
aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control
systems, life support machines or other equipment in which the failure
of the information could lead to death, personal injury, or severe
physical or environmental damage.

--
Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com