[thelist] drivers wanted (please)

isaac isaac at lists.evolt.org
Fri Oct 6 02:01:38 CDT 2000

> It's at http://www.divaniedivani.it/  (sorry but it's all in Italian).

6 years of studying italian in primary school aren't going to help me. i
can't remember much. :p

also, this is going to be a really short critique cos it's a warm friday
afternoon and quake3arena is calling my name (yes, and in that guttural
arena voice, too... ;) --> gorre, wrack, angel, xaero, isaac...)

so, i'm just looking in IE5/NT and not bothering with netscape 3 or
js/css-less browsers, etc.

the loading flash movie (the spotlight thingy) sucks a bit.

but after that, the flash intro is pretty nice. it just jolts when the
buttons load and then flicks to the HTMLised screen.

grey rocks. grey lines rock too. but lose ALL the bevels. those buttons. the
arrows on the scrollbars in other parts of the site. they ruin it.

the dhtml isn't as responsive as i'd like. also, change the hover from
underlining to a diff colour and text-dec:none. maybe from grey to white. or
white to bright, light caramel. but no underline in those menus.

the couch anim is cute. not too intrusive.

with the beveled buttons with dropdowns - don't make the buttons themselves
change so much. the black text on some of those colours doesn;t work.

see your three pics with the mouseovers? remove the spacing between them,
and have a light 1px line in there. even up the text spacing in there too.

make the entire ampersand the home link. people need a big target, and you
can easily offer it to them without destroying the design.

too lazy to look any further, but overall, it's a quality design. the colour
choices are nice (grey, desaturated maroon, and the beige).

at this URL:
http://www.divaniedivani.it/Natuzzi/SitoEsterno/Offerta/Salotto/1,1626,10,00
.html

the beige block on the right doesn't align with the line in the footer. it
needs to.

while we're on that page, add a little heading to that text that gets
replaced on mouseover. see how the mouseovers all have a heading plus
paragraph? and the intro doesn't?

also, don't bother with that arrow-to-the-top link - the pages are very
short, and the arrow is so small that it'd be easier for me to hit pageup or
scroll than to try and click it.

if you have q's about specific pages, yell out and i'll take a look.

hope this helps,

isaac