[thelist] Flash 5 installation hell

Mike Migurski mike at cloudfactory.org
Fri Oct 6 16:10:45 CDT 2000

Hi all,

has anyone here dealt with deploying flash 5 content? We have site we're
deploying soon that makes use of 5's new scripting architecture, and we're
trying to make the upgrade as painless as possible for our users. Using
the Flash 5 deployment kit, including personal advice from its author,
we're still running into massive difficulties get installation to work on
PC's - with netscape we've had to restart windows, and ran into issues
with the browser not recognizing the plugin, and IE users have experienced
a range of problems from system crashes to interrupted downloads. Can
anyone offer any advice on the subject? Our mac tests have gone smoothly.

-mike.

                   michal migurski     mike at cloudfactory.org
                  tel:415.876.0939     AIM:migurski
    http://www.viberation.com/mike     ICQ:47513232