[thelist] Looking for advice on browser copy/paste bugs encountered on mysite

Lea leal at viking.org.au
Mon Oct 9 00:52:53 CDT 2000

Andrew Jones wrote:
>   I have the same problem. I use ctrl+c and ctrl+v all the time
> and sometimes (in various applications) the highlighted text
> does not get copied to the clipboard. (No, there's nothing
> wrong with my "ctrl" or "c" keys.) I've gotten in the habit of
> hitting ctrl+c several times quickly to assure the text gets
> copied. I see this behavior on several Win95/98 workstations
> (and, no, I'm not a dysfunctional typist).

I find here that occasionally I have to ctrl-v twice.
Most odd.
I've also worked with apps which didnt recognise ctrl-v, -c, and -x
and you had to use the older ctrl-insert, shift-insert, etc key combos
(and I can never remember which is which in that set)
But that last doesnt sound like a solution for the OP.

Lea                            mailto:leal at viking.org.au