[thelist] lasso/fmp headaches

McCreath_David McCreath_David at xmail.asd.k12.ak.us
Mon Oct 9 15:46:17 CDT 2000

>From: Erika Meyer
>
>The former Webmaster set up scripts using Lasso & Filemaker Pro so
>that the news guy could add news releases.  (Mac/WebSTAR server)
>There's also a modify/delete form. lot of the lasso-generated pages
>on the site seem kind of sketchy: they often don't work as expected.

Hi, Erika --

What version of Lasso are you running?

>Next, the news release guy went to add a news release & it
>wouldn't work.

And they were working before? When was the last time he used them?

>It returned an error that looks like this:
>
>Error Message: File not found
>Error Code:-9984
>
>Action: nothing
>Database: --
>Table/Layout: --
>Response: /news/nr_main/go.lasso

Offically, the -9984 message means that you've requested a "format file with
a suffix that isn't listed in the Lasso security settings" (from the Lasso
Reference Manual).

The other thing that will make that error show up (in my experience) is an
incorrectly written path. From the error message you're getting, Lasso isn't
even finding the database.

In the add page, your form probably has three hidden fields that look
something like this:

<form action="action.lasso" method="post" name="">
  <input type="hidden" name="-Database" value="database.fp3">
  <input type="hidden" name="-Layout" value="layout1">
  <input type="hidden" name="-Response" value="addresponse.html">

If any of those are blank, that's a place to start.

The other things to look at are specific to Lasso. Do you have the
adminstrator password? Or the manual?