[thelist] designer burnout?

Andrew Jones aijones at northcoast.com
Tue Oct 10 09:54:20 CDT 2000

> Mixing it up helps ... I do Flash stuff and and occasional
> ColdFusion/DB project ... two entirely different things. And just
> did a video loop for a trade show, that was really different and
> fun.

  Yup, figure out what is missing in your job and do more of it.
If your job does not, or cannot, acomodate it, find it outside of
work.

  I spend a lot of my time maintaining sites I created 1-3 years
ago (e.g., boring). That's pretty much how my job will be for
the foreseeable future, so I've starting doing a little freelance
work on the side. Working in front of a screen for 8 hours, then
coming home to another screen isn't great, but the clients I'm
taking now are ones who need creative work.