[thelist] Critque request: www.compulink-software.com

Daniel Thompson factotum at mac.com
Tue Oct 10 12:24:35 CDT 2000

Your jpegs on the navbar have a lot of artifacts, and because of that, when
you mouseover, the artifacts move about. All of this leads to a not very
clean look.

Why not try .gifs? Use the same color table for all the images. Since you
have a duotone-like image, my guess is that you could actually get the
images to be a comparable size. If it jacks up the sizes, then I'd recommend
losing the gradient down the left side. That really doesn't add anything to
the design.

I like the swap idea w/ the pictocons- especially w/ the overlap.

Also, your typography is very hard to read. Since the west reads left to
right, anything but flush left text gets difficult to read. The Highlights
down the right would be better left in flush left. In addition, the center
justified links at the bottom look like a mess.

Also, do you really need to list the URL w/ the www right below a pefectly
working link to your site? I think you could probably just list the company
name as a link all in one, no?

Good start, but needs a lot of tightening...