[thelist] Mac users can you help?

Walker, Matthew Matthew.Walker at cdc.org.nz
Wed Oct 11 19:50:59 CDT 2000

> [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Field
> 'Shop1_Brands.BrandName' cannot be a zero-length string.

Wow it's amazing the errors that other people turn up. I go in there and do
things the same way over and over and don't get these errors. Thank you!

> I love what you've done with the help, at the bottom. Is this
> something you've done, or is it a solution that I can get my hands on?

Well, one doesn't necessarily preclude the other! I built it.

What do you use for server-side programming? You could do this without, but
it's tidier with. The only really essential bit is the <body onload>.

The admin system uses the Fusebox CF methodology so every page has a
FuseAction passed in the URL, e.g.

http://www.organicpathways.co.nz/market/naturesabundance/admin/index.cfm?Fus
eAction=ShowAddProductForm
The value of the FuseAction controls what help appears. This is not
essential, you could change the help based on the file name.

The top frame has this:
onload="window.open('help/index.cfm?FuseAction=ShowAddProductForm',
'help')">
"ShowAddProductForm" could be anything. Well, what happens is the FuseAction
from the top frame gets sent to the bottom frame and the appropriate content
appears there. The other (non-fusebox) way to do it would be something
like...
onload="window.open('help/index.cfm?File=ShowAddProductForm.cfm', 'help')">

In help/index.cfm I simply use a <cfswitch> (equivalent to SELECT CASE in
VBScript) to insert the right help text.

Was that really incoherent?