[thelist] Need some s/w help

Jeff Lucido jlucido at j2-digital.com
Wed Oct 11 22:43:05 CDT 2000

Evolters:

I am stuck in a weird spot and I need some help. I am working on a one-off
project using Adobe Acrobat v4.0 (Win version). I started to have trouble
today using the s/w. Some strange things were happening in the s/w causing
the program to hang and ultimately the OS as well.

I went to Adobe's website to investigate the troubles and to check on
patches/updates for the s/w. They have a free update for registered users of
Acrobat 4.0. However, the update (v4.0.5) is only available on CD and will
take nearly two weeks to get to me.

I have a license and own a copy of Acrobat v4.0, however I am under a
deadline and I cannot afford to wait for the s/w update to get here in a
timely manner (they would not ship the s/w overnight for an extra fee, I
asked already). Is there a kind sole out there that would not mind sharing a
copy of their Acrobat v4.0.5 CD sans your licensing information? If so, I
would be your indentured servant for life! I would even buy you a few rounds
of beers if you are in/near Dallas (if not, then I will raise a pint in your
honor). Please contact me off-list if you can help in any sort of fashion
(jlucido at j2dm.com). Your kindness and helpfulness is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
-JSLucido