[thelist] CF/ODBC/Access dates

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Thu Oct 12 22:11:01 CDT 2000

> i'm having trouble inserting dates into an Access database via ODBC with
CF.

> the query basically is (for example):
>
> INSERT INTO Thetable(thetableid, date) VALUES(6, {d '2000-10-13'})
>
> [obviously the 6 actually comes from cf_max_id, and the ODBC date was
> generated by CreateODBCDate()]
>
> what am I doing wrong?

Access is one of the few databases that I haven't been able to get to
convert a string to a date automagically. Try one of the following (i'm
pretty sure it's the first):

INSERT INTO Thetable(thetableid, date) VALUES(6, #2000-10-13#)

INSERT INTO Thetable(thetableid, date) VALUES(6, '#2000-10-13#')

Never seen your syntax before. Something special?

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com