[thelist] Forcing no caching in IE

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Oct 12 23:21:59 CDT 2000

Chris Evans wrote:

> Do you really need the HEAD tags, or can you just place the META tag at the
> end?  And do you need it within the HTML tag?  I can see a quick fix just to
> append the META tag to the end of your HTML, without bothering with the HEAD
> or placing within the closing HTML tag.

According to Homesite HTML Help:

The META element is used within the <HEAD> element to embed any useful information
not defined by other HTML elements. Such information can be extracted by
servers/clients for use in identifying, indexing and cataloguing documents.

According to w3.org

	http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/global.html#edef-META

The profile attribute of the HEAD specifies the location of a meta data profile.

--
Anthony Baratta
President