[thelist] looking for a poll script

Nicole Parrot nicole at parrot.ca
Fri Oct 13 07:39:30 CDT 2000

I've been looking for a poll script that would do the following:

1. handle multiple concurrent polls
2. have a web interface to create new polls, and display the required html
code
3. is not SSI based.
4. is CGI/Perl based
5. handles multiple voting by cookies instead of IP addresses.

I currently have one that does all the above except #5. I could always
change the function that checks if someone has already voted, but I'm rather
busy with a newborn and it would be easier on me to have something right out
of the box.

I've looked in lots of places, found lots of polling/survey scripts, but I
don't really have the free time to check them all out (see above for
reason). What's the point of being on maternity leave if I have to spend all
day testing scripts? So I was wondering if anyone here knew of such a script
right off the shelf? Please?

And now I'm off changing a diaper.

Nicole