[thelist] Non-Adobe PDF authoring software

Fred Hubnik fredh at austin.rr.com
Tue Oct 17 14:02:16 CDT 2000

on 10/17/2000 1:44 PM, Andy Olsen transmitted:

> By now, I would have expected someone else would have come up with software
> to create PDF files. Adobe is charging a rather high price. ($250).
>
> Anyone know if this has been done?

if you are on a mac there's this cheap little piece of shareware called
PrintToPDF.  i don't have a URL but, you can search for it on
http://www.versiontracker.com.  you choose it as your printer and print like
a normal print job except that it produces a .pdf file.

it's not perfect but, i love it.  the fonts it doesn't support can be
rendered as bitmaps that look amazingly nice when printed (not so nice on
screen).

--
f   g   h

fredh at austin.rr.com