[thelist] I can't believe what I just read....

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Wed Oct 18 18:33:18 CDT 2000

At 04:10 PM 10/18/2000, you wrote:
>on 10/18/00 1:09 PM, Anthony Baratta at Tony at IdeaSystems.com wrote:
>
> > http://www.rtware.net/weblink.html
> >
> > You tell me if this is safe as I think it isn't. Dear gwad people - are
> > they kidding me???
>
>Geez. God knows nobody would ever think to look at source code. (shaking
>head).

My point with the incredulous-ness of the service is that you are embedding
your login name AND price using hidden fields in the form!!! SSL or not,
this is NOT secure. Not by a long shot.

I can't believe that this is even considered a viable solution. I'm the
last person to ask about security (OK maybe not last, but I don't play a
security expert on TV.) and this seems so full of holes that I'm dumb
founded - versus struck dumb like some people would prefer me. ;-)

I'll slink away and say no more if you think I'm smoking crack.

----
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys