[thelist] IE5 and IE4

Bret Daniel BDaniel at Chemnavigator.com
Thu Oct 19 12:00:40 CDT 2000

A common problem with web testing...

I use a product that is called VMWARE

http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc

I have 48 combination of operating systems on 1 machine, that I use for
testing websites.

good luck

Bret Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: Ashish [mailto:india_design at yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2000 10:27 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] IE5 and IE4

Hi,
   Simple question ! I have IE5 installed (WinNT4; SP5) and just realised
that we need to check a site using IE4 (and wonders - there are no machines
spare). Further, was told that IE5 does not really do a complete re-install
and leaves a few DLL's behind ( true / false / no idea ?). This was not IE5
installed over IE4, it was a new machine which has NT, then IE5 installed.
Can i just uninstall IE5 and then install IE4 (I desparately want to avoid a
format and re-install of NT) and hope that it will be like an original
version of IE4, or I am just hoping against hope. Would be very grateful for
somebody helping.
TIA,
Regards,
Ashish