[thelist] Mac to IIS: FTP hell

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Sat Oct 21 21:50:59 CDT 2000

Maybe I should clarify:  My FTP attempts have been from two different
machines (both happen to be Macs) one a G4 on a fat connection, the
other a G3 on a modem.  Not on either server.  I don't have easy
physical access to the IIS server, but I REALLY REALLY think it's the
old Mac server that sucks.

And, just to test, I downloaded one of my larger personal sites all
at once.  That server is... I forget. A fast IBM machine running
Unix.  Nice & speedy.  No problem.  I'm 99.99% sure it isn't Fetch
that's creating my hell, it's my server...

erika at seastorm.com