[thelist] All emails from php are from nobody

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Sun Oct 22 12:54:24 CDT 2000

CDitty wrote:

> I recently moved from a BSD server to a Linux server and now all my emails
> that are php generated are sent from "nobody".  Can anyone offer a
> suggestion as to how to fix this?  The php mail code hasn't changed and
> worked find before.
>
> I think it might be something with apache or sendmail.  Any ideas?

When I send mail with Perl (I know not the same) I use the -tn switches. This way I
can tell sendmail who I am directly.

e.g.

    $varSendMail = "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -n";

    open (MAIL, "| $varSendMail") || print "cannot open mail program";
	    print MAIL "To: $EmailResultsTo \n";
	    print MAIL "From: WebServer\@Foo.net \n";
	    print MAIL "Subject: $varEmailSubject\n\n";

	    print MAIL " $varEmailBody\n";
	    print MAIL " \n\n";
    close(MAIL) || print "mail pipe exited $?";

--
Anthony Baratta
President