[thelist] IIS Directory Structure

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Tue Oct 24 14:09:59 CDT 2000

> Sweet.  Thanks so much Scott.  (That was fast too.)  :)
>
> - Billy
>
> > - INetPub
> > - Include
> > - Signup
> > - Provision
> > - wwwroot
> >

> > Is there any way to make this Include folder visible?  Or do I have to
> > maintain a copy of the Include folder in each site's folder.  :(
>
> Create a virtual directory in each site for the Include directory, and point
> it to the right spot in the filesystem.
>
> >From there your include will look like "/Include/global.css" instead of
> "../Include/global.css"

Would this create security issues if the owner of each site was different and
had access to their site's files? Since the virtual directory is located
within their site, would you have to set permissions to be read-only?

Btw, I'm out of my realm here (not a software/admin guy), so excuse me if the
question isn't an intelligent one.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com