[thelist] .htaccess/.htpasswd - how?

Brian Tully btully at gstockco.com
Tue Oct 24 19:26:26 CDT 2000

I'm assuming you're using Apache...
First off,  you should avoid storing your .htpasswd file in your document
root (if possible).

Secondly I'm pretty sure that if your title on the AuthName line is longer
than one word, the title must be enclosed in double quotes, e.g.,

AuthName "restricted area"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /www/timesfour/.htpasswd

require valid-user