[thelist] CSS and Netscape

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 25 09:32:57 CDT 2000

> From: "s t e f || n o t a - b e n e . o r g" <stef at nota-bene.org>
> >
> >OS *shouldn't* matter, at least different versions of win... if you
> >were on a Mac, that might be different... for some reason i just
> >assumed you were...
>
> Sorry aardvark, but I had once a dHTML problem, and it only showed in
> Win98, and neither in NT nor in 95.

were they IE?  if so, i can understand that, given the fact that the
internet controls are different from OS version to version, and the
tight integration IE has with the OS...

however, out of all the sites i've tested (which is at least 300 by
now), which involves testing from OS version to version, i've never
experienced that with a non-IE browser... i have in IE, but that's
because it was a different version of IE (different point release,
based on the OS again and the browser control)...

so yeah, you're definitely right with windows and IE, since they are
nearly the same thing, but i've never seen it on other browsers...
not that i think you're wrong... btw, do you have any examples?

> A friend of mine who's a sysadmin for a large number of PC's told me that
> even the same system version brings a different browser behavior from one
> machine to the other, sometimes...

OS same, but different browser?  i've seen that, but it's not been
the OS for me, it's been point releases and plug-ins and other
differences...