[thelist] Google's new advertising scheme(ot)

Judah McAuley judah at alphashop.com
Wed Oct 25 18:13:57 CDT 2000

At 10:41 PM 10/25/2000 +0100, you wrote:
<snip>
>Ironically enough we do the old style letterpress printing, which is not
>often found nowadays, and there were 100 queries asking for this. Strange ;)
</snip>

Ironically enough, I was probably sever of those queries as my wife just
picked up a large amount of movable type from an estate sale and we were
looking for type-related resources.  The Internet seems like a small place
sometimes.

<tip type="Windows 2000 SSL" author "judah">
SSL may be tied to the number of Client Access Licenses (CALs) under
Windows 2000 Server.  If you see a message "HTTP 403.15 - Forbidden: Client
Access Licenses exceeded" on an SSL connection or an Event ID 27 in the
Application Error log, then its because there are more simultaneous SSL
requests than Windows 2000 user licenses.  This happens even with anonymous
SSL connections.  In order to fix the problem, go to the registry editor
and go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3SVC\Parameters
And add a new value.  Add the following value:
Value Name: EnableCAL
Data Type: REG_DWORD
Value: 0

This will allow an unlimited number of SSL connections despite the number
of CALs.

Microsoft KB article Q253239
</tip>

Judah