[thelist] Click here

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Thu Oct 26 12:08:17 CDT 2000

Hmmm... Chris, why am I so suspicious of these creative people? I'm thinking
that you all must have hired the cheapest ones you could get because most of
the creative professionals I know would hurt themselves before using "click
here" religiously.

As for linking from the noun or the verb -- I'd say the noun because that is
what is descriptive. You can scan the page for your information that way.
You can't scan if "view" is linked a million times or if "click here" is
linked a million times.

The only time I use "click here" is in banner ads when it's imperitive that
people "click there" although I try and find a different way of saying it.

- amanda