[thelist] A new PWS question

s t e f || n o t a - b e n e . o r g stef at nota-bene.org
Fri Oct 27 07:28:58 CDT 2000

[sender: Steve Cook || date: 13:38 27/10/2000 +0200]
>Can PWS be installed on a Win 2K machine? We have SBS running on our office
>network and I develop using PWS on Win 98 on my laptop. We bought a new
>laptop recently which displays presentations better (15" screen on a
>laptop!) but it runs Win 2K as well. Is there a version of IIS I can install
>on it so that we can also schlepp around a copy of our website without me
>having to carry a second laptop. If so, are there any conflict problems with
>the fact that we already have IIS running on our server machine?

I tried 98 PWS on WinME.

It's a no-go.

The install stopped saying it couldn't continue.
It's not unistallable. I have PWStray working all the time, taking
resources for nothing.

I wonder if there's a ME PWS somewhere, I don't know.

Now I use EasyPHP, a pre-installed Apache/PHP all in one zip file!

And I feel happy. Frustrated but happy ;-)

s t e f