[thelist] AOL6 tip/warning

Daniel J. Cody djc at five2one.org
Mon Oct 30 10:28:32 CST 2000

FYI here, but the new release of MSN(msn explorer) also doesn't let you
change your start page. I've heard a lot of people bitch about not being
able to change the AOL start page, but this is also true in the new MSN
release..

.djc.

><tip>
>I'm an AOL beta tester (mainly because it keeps me involved with their new
>"features", which, in turn, offers a good bit of entertainment). I've
>installed three different versions of AOL6 on my Windows 98 SE laptop. Each
>time I install it, it fools with my TCP/IP settings and I can no longer get
>any further than logging into my ISP. So, if this happens to you as well,
>simply re-add the TCP/IP protocol and restart. You should be good to go.
></tip>

Didn't AOL5 do something similiar if you told AOL to be your default
everything for the Internet?

And what's this I hear that in AOL6 you can't change the home page of
the
browser from aol.com?