[thelist] Opacity in IE5 with CSS

Ben Henick persist1_pdx at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 13:44:45 CST 2000

--- "s t e f || n o t a - b e n e . o r g" <stef at nota-bene.org> wrote:
> I think it is something like : filter:Alpha(opacity=50%)

Go to MSDN:
msdn.microsoft.com/workshop
>> HTML, DHTML, & CSS >> Filters & Transitions Reference

The syntax it recommends for IE5.5 is

filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(Opacity=n)

where n is the percentage of opacity.

There is also a reference in that resource for compatibility with 4.x.

While we're on the subject, does anyone know of an object SPECIFIC to
IE5 that can be used for browser detection?

=====
Ben Henick              |  "In the long run, men hit only
Web Author At-Large     |  what they aim at.  Therefore,
www.io.com/persist1/    |  though they should fail
persist1 at io.com         |  immediately, they had better aim
persist1_pdx at yahoo.com  |  high."  --Henry David Thoreau