[thelist] Meta Name Key words

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Mon Oct 30 21:41:30 CST 2000

Everyone's thoughts re: common word keywords is right on. What I would
recommend overall is first going through and doing your own keywords. Keep
in mind that if you put the damn dictionary in your metatags most search
engines won't bother to index and some may penalize you. Go through the site
and put appropriate keywords and appropriate summaries for each page. Then,
look at your competitors and see which words they are using that you can
also legitimately use.

Above all, don't let your client get hung up on search engine rankings. It's
almost impossible without purchasing a ranking to make yourself top of the
list. What you should be thinking about is making sure that customers can
find you online -- that is the objective.

- amanda