[thelist] Quick CSS question

Darren Darren at imart.co.uk
Tue Oct 31 12:52:10 CST 2000

6:21:36 PM, Tuesday, October 31, 2000, Shoshannah <xslf at xslf.com> wrote:

SF> What is the CSS code to insert a page brake when printing?
SF> (Yes, I know this is IE only)

I asked the same quest a few hours ago na different list and got this:

12:25:33 PM, Tuesday, October 31, 2000, rudy <r937 at interlog.com> wrote:

rl> there's a css2 page break that only works in internet explorer 4+ -- see
rl> http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/css_print.html

1:36:44 PM, Tuesday, October 31, 2000, Bj <sunshine at net.ntl.com> wrote:

B> Almost all printers will respond to an embedded Ctrl-L (ASCII 12)
B> character by doing a form feed (new page). You may be able to just
B> include a \\012 in the text and this may work. Hope it does.

and

1:52:13 PM, Tuesday, October 31, 2000, Adam <Adam.Blair at Protos.Ltd.uk> wrote:

AB> In CSS Level 2 there are page-break-after and page-break-before properties
AB> that can have the value 'always' (among other values), which will force a
AB> page break after an element with this property. As to which browsers support
AB> CSS Level 2 I'm afraid I cannot say - I am not a cross-browser kinda man.

I found both ways work rather well in both IE and NN (4.7?)

HTH,

Darren.

--
http://www.imart.co.uk