[thelist] Word to HTML

Sam-I-Am sam at sam-i-am.com
Wed Nov 1 17:00:42 CST 2000

This just came up on webdesign-l, so I can narrow it down a little.  I'm
still looking.

Dreamweaver: each list item in a bulletted list gets its own paragraph,
with a middot as bullet. It's just not very smart.

MSOffice Filter
http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/2000/downloadDetails/Msohtmf2.htm
As above, it's a huge improvement on the built in html conversion, but
still uses a lot of inline styles, and still doesn't understand lists.

WordToWeb
http://www.solutionsoft.com/w2w.htm
Great options like the ability to split a document into multiple pages
on the headings, specify header and footer files, generate TOC, match
and replace specific mark-up.. but still no lists.

At this point I'm thinking that even Word (Office2000) doesn't really
understand lists - as there's apparently nothing in the document that
indicates them (for other programs to latch on to and convert
appropriately.

So I'm still stumped.
Sam