[thelist] Offering contracts: Opinions on Etiquette?

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Sat Nov 4 13:29:27 CST 2000

> This would only be true if the developer was an incredibly bad coder... No
> one would expose UserID and Password in a sample given to someone. Any good
> coder has the UserId and PW stored in a separate piece of code, that can
> easily be removed before showing the rest to an outside person, even better
> would be using a .dll that the pages can call.

So, what you're suggesting, Ron, is that those being interviewed would only
show parts they think they should show? I must admit that example in my last
email was bait...

This simply shows that people with good sense would only bring parts of the
application. How would you know if their reasoning regarded security or if
they knew their solution was a kludge? Seems to me that it's an all-or-nothing
deal if you really want to use it as a judge.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com