[thelist] Knuckle-headed SQL Question

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Mon Nov 6 12:18:27 CST 2000

Dan,

Here's my solution for ASP/Access database... I'd be interested to know if
there is a better option .. this one works just fine for me tho, but am not
sure how well it does performance wise.

SqlString = SqlString & "SELECT whatever FROM wherever "
SqlString = SqlString & "WHERE (Name LIKE '0%') OR (Name LIKE '1%') OR (Name
LIKE '2%') OR (Name LIKE '3%') OR (Name LIKE '4%') OR (Name LIKE '5%') OR
(Name LIKE '6%') OR (Name LIKE '7%') OR (Name LIKE '8%') OR (Name LIKE '9%')
"

Ron's solution is the same I use for letters Name Like 'A%'.

HTH,

Michele