[thelist] Problems with deleted records in Access

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at COMPAQ.com
Tue Nov 7 08:16:52 CST 2000

Hmmmmm ....

Sorry ... I'm not that experienced with CF ... I've used CF for displaying
data [select] ...  but I've only used ASP for db deletes and updates. (Which
is where I've always made sure to close out my recorsets.)

In my reading, I thought the <cftransaction> was for wrapping multiple table
activities into a single bundle that would 'commit' or 'rollback' as a
package ....  {Or maybe I just kind of assumed that -- since that's what
everyone else uses 'transactions' for!}

If that's true ... it's sounding as though you are hitting some kind of
err/failure before you reach the end of the complete transaction ... in
which case everything that was bundled into that transaction would be
'rolled back' or 'undone' ....

e.g.
<start transaction>
(1) delete some record from table A -- success!
(2) insert a record into table B -- success!
(3) modify a record in table C -- success!
(4) delete a record from table D -- failure!
<end transaction>

If the above vaguely resembles what you have ... then YEP ... the record
deletion in table A will be 'rolled back' -- as if it never happened ...
because the entire transaction has to succeed or fail as an entire unit.

Does that help any?

Ron L.

<Time is transient, illusory, and irrelevant .... tired is tired! ....
Caution! ... Brain cells starting to warm up!>     ;-)