[thelist] defining links in admin pages

Mike S. Krischker muinar at gmx.net
Tue Nov 7 08:37:33 CST 2000

Hello

A customer wants to define links in his webpage texts. He
has access to a password protected area where he can edit
the texts which are stored in a sql database.

I could teach him to wrap the HREF tag around the links,
but I don't like the idea of customers formatting the text
blocks themselves.

What are the options? I thought about storing the linked
words/phrases in a separate database table and then dynamically
replacing 'link' by <A HREF "link.htm" class="roll">link</A>
when the webpage is requested from the server.

Are there better concepts?

Any input appreciated.

TIA - Mike

Mike S. Krischker Muinar Internet Studios
Hd.Office CH-4009 Basel Heinrichsgasse 19
Bk.Office F-06300 Nice 19, Rue de la Préfecture
+41(61) 273 58 71 Fax +41(61) 273 58 70
http://muinar.com mailto:msk at muinar.com