[thelist] Problems with deleted records in Access

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Nov 7 08:48:58 CST 2000

> ... I thought the <cftransaction> was for wrapping multiple table
> activities into a single bundle that would 'commit' or 'rollback' as a
> package

hi ron

that's a good description

db2 has a concept called "package" but that's different, sorta

and i hate the word "bundle" because of software vendors

anyhow, it's clear what you mean

oliver, the answer to why records are appearing after they've been deleted
is obvious...

... thing is, it ain't obvious to me   :o)

try to narrow it down by isolating the culprit

run everything from the query window in access and i bet you won't be able
to reproduce the problem (if you can, please send me your mdb file
offlist... i gotta see this for myself, eh)

maybe your mdb is set up as read only on the server -- sorry, i don't know
how to check this, i'm not a sysadmin

if you get an okay return code when in fact the server couldn't touch the
mdb, then it would  look like the delete happened

try doing a query on the deleted records immediately after deleting them
and before adding the others

and ron's right about the delete field --

<tip>
do not add a "delete" field to the data model unless compelled -- and being
compelled has nothing to do with getting it to work now, but rather for the
purpose of data retention for later reporting, e.g. recalculating an amount
as of a specific point in history
</tip>

rudy
r937.com