[thelist] Re: more forms and CSS --making boxes invisible --C LOSED

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Wed Nov 8 09:58:41 CST 2000

> >I've been tasked with making text input boxes not look like
> text input
> >boxes, specifically, I gotta remove the border and make just
> the text inside

> information to the server, use a INPUT TYPE="hidden". If it's just a
> convenience for the user, use plain text.

couple people have mentioned using plain text, here's my reasoning why I
went down the borderless textbox route:

1) the field is the sum of hours worked on a timesheet, so on top of being
constantly updated as they fill out the rest of the form, its a value I have
to pass along

2) without getting into the insane quirks of NN vs IE dHTML, I still need to
have the page live in a pre-dHTML browser

3) hiding the borders is a faster solution, and this is under a time crunch
(what isn't?)

That being said, I will sleep at night fine knowing Netscape won't listen to
CSS in this case, I's just doing my due diligence to be honky dory across
browsers.

Thanks kids, I appreciate the help =)
sgd