[thelist] LiveConnect question

Peter Barrett peterb at corel.com
Wed Nov 8 15:26:37 CST 2000

Hi All,

    I was wondering if anyone had found a way around the Mac/IE problem with
Liveconnect (a netscape technology allowing Java functions in an applet to
execute javascript functions on the hosting HTML page).
    Currently, Microsoft says the Mac/IE JVM doesn't support liveconnect, but I
was wondering if maybe there was a way to explicitly import certain files from
the netscape.javascript package, hosted on the webserver, or other files in the
Java40.jar archive netscape provides that would provide the needed
functionality. Maybe I'm missing something and this is hopeless, but it seems
like it should work...
    ... anyone else tried this? I was hoping to avoid moving a whole site's UI
into java...

thanx,
~pete