[thelist] Penalties

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 9 10:26:10 CST 2000

> From: Jamie Madden <jamie at bayou.com>
>
> Is it common practice among developers to charge a client a penalty for the
> late delivery of content if the date for that content delivery was
> specifically stated in the contract?  I'm having an incredibly hard time
> getting some clients to deliver content in a timely manner and it's costing
> me money in the long run by halting productivity.

i don't charge, but it does go into the project plan and agreement...
the client signs off on it knowing that for every day they don't deliver
something i need, that's one day later it will be... once the client
misses deadlines and expects it in the same timeframe, however,
that's a rush job, which is out of scope, which gets an appropriate
% increase for rush work...

> Also, I asked this question yesterday to no avail.  Does anyone know, on
> average, how much an ad view is worth.

i can't answer that... there is no average... an average among
certain sites, or among guaranteed views is another thing...