[thelist] Simple Apache question

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Nov 9 19:40:23 CST 2000

Tony Bounds wrote:
> on 11/9/00 3:08 PM, Anthony Baratta at Anthony at Baratta.com wrote:
> > Create a .htacess file in the directory in question (or in your web root
> > directory).
> > Put the statement below in the .htaccess file:
> >
> > Options -Indexes

First - I made a typo. The file should be called .htaccess (with 2 c's)

Second - You configure Apache on a site/directory basis by using the .htaccess file.
Making the file name index.htaccess will give you any advantage - it just won't work.

Anthony Baratta
KeyBoard Jockeys
                    South Park Speaks Version 3 is here!!!