[thelist] CSS & Netscape

Andrew Martin comitque at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 10 14:05:19 CST 2000

I'm trying to build a dynamic popup box containing menu items.  It works
and looks great in IE but Netscape has at least one major problem.

The box, a div, has a 1px border with a colored inner body.  In Netscape,
it shows the border and then about 2px of whitespace, showing the text
underneath the box, and then the colored inner body.  How do I get rid of
that white space?  I've tried adjusting the margin and adjusting the
padding but neither works.

Here's the CSS part:
.menu {
position:absolute;
visibility:hidden;
background-color: #CCCC99;
width: auto;
height: auto;
border-style: solid;
border-color: #993333;
border-width: 1px;
margin:0px;
padding: 2px;
font-size : 12px;
font-family: "verdana", "helvetica";
line-height: 14px;
}

Please reply via direct email since I get the digest.  Thanks!