[thelist] RE: CSS/Font size/MAC IE 5.0

Rebekah Murphy bekah at nightvisions.com
Sat Nov 11 11:35:51 CST 2000

Mark Green wrote:

> If you set the font size to pixels rather than points (Xpx vs Xpt), it
> should prevent it from resizing in Mac IE 5.0. Not that I think you should
> do that very often...

Nope, it is a feature, not a bug, of Mac IE 5 that ALL text is
resizable. It does not matter how the styles are defined. You have two
choices: 1) make every bit of text on your page an image (yuck) or 2)
relax and let users with bad eyesight make the text large enough to
read. What's worse, having a site that looks exactly as you imagined it
but is completely illegible, or having the design modified slightly by
the end user so that they can see the content?

-Bekah