[thelist] MS Digital Dashboard

Steve Cook sck at biljettpoolen.se
Mon Nov 13 06:27:25 CST 2000

Hi folks,

I've just watched an online presentation of the Microsoft Digital Dashboard
architecture, which allows the building of customised Outlook Today type
pages. I'm thinking that this could be a fantastic way for us to access
intranet services, as everyone here is standardised on Outlook 2000.

The question is, does anyone have any experience with building these Digital
Dashboard services? I'm wondering about possible pitfalls (aside from the
security risks that MS mention), or advantages that you have found that were
not previously apparent. Any resources you have found that give extra
information about developing for Outlook in this way would be useful as
well. Finally, are there any alternatives I should be considering?

Cheers

.steve

Steve Cook
Biljettpoolen AB