[thelist] AOL

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Mon Nov 13 13:43:41 CST 2000

At 10:25 AM 11/13/2000, you wrote:
>The only problem I believe with this is once you connect using the AOL 3
>browser, the AOL server will automatically start updating the software to
>the recent version.  I remember when I was an AOL user, this is one of the
>big things that I did not like about AOL is that they update files without
>my consent etc...I could be wrong so any recent AOL users out there let me
>know.

based upon my limited experience, AOL will only update the software with
patches to the current version of the software. Therefore if you have 3, it
will update you to the current version of 3.xxx. If you have 4, 4.xxxx. But
it shouldn't force and upgrade from 3 to 4. It might nag you to death
however. ;-)

----
Anthony Baratta
President