[thelist] Netscape 6 Ques already.

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Tue Nov 14 12:35:42 CST 2000

 >  Perhaps somebody knows what's up with this:  I have a webserver that is
 >hosting my site called thebadlans.net.  This webserver will also be hosting
 >other sites.  The sites are created under subdirs and then the domains of
 >those sites are pointed to that.  For example, another site of mine,
 >breadweb.net is pointed to thebadlans.net/hosted/breadweb/  Netscape 6 is
 >mean and displays the full path instead of just leaving it at breadweb.net.
 >What did I pay $35 for a domain name for if Netscape is going to do this?
 >Any ideas on how this can be avoided?  I can't be the sole person upset with
 >this...  Only happens in Netscape 6. Blah.  Netscape used to be my hero.

I sincerely doubt this is Netscape 6's doing, but rather a "feature" of
your server, or a lack of correct configuration in your server. I have
various domains that are hosted the same way on an Apache Linux server, and
6.0 works fine with them.

I actually am planning on seeing a lot more of these "Netscape 6 broke my
site" problems. No. It's not Netscape 6. Trust me. It's reliance on broken
implementations.

Morbus Iff
.sig on other machine.
http://www.disobey.com/