[thelist] Netscape6 awarded knob of the week

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 14 15:49:41 CST 2000

> From: "Brown, Robert" <Robert.Brown at lot21.com>
>
> Downloaded Netscape 6, Custom install, thought everything was going fine,
> took an hour on a T1 to download, went away from my desk, when I came back
> my desktop was covered with random xul files..., deleted them opened up
> Netscape they came back, now I deleted Netscape from my drive.
>
> This is the most janky piece of technology...

fwiw, what the hell did you do?

20 minutes on my clogged office DSL line... installed just fine,
been surfing with it all day...

granted, there are some rendering issues i'm looking into, but
otherwise it has been even more stable than 4.08, and much more
pleasant to use... no .xul files anywhere but where they should be,
either...

sure you didn't have a wonky install directory, or something else
weird going on?