[thelist] Select boxes in viewing heirarchy

Karen Bowen KarenB at FrontierSoftware.com.au
Tue Nov 14 19:31:35 CST 2000

I have a problem with a page that has fly-out submenus (divs).

They fly out over a form, however any drop-down select boxes in this form
always appear over the submenus.

I've tried doing a few things with divs and z-indexes (the submenus all have
z-index>100, so I've tried giving the select boxes negative z-indexes, and
also tried putting the whole form in a div with a negative z-index...  to no
avail.)

Has anyone encountered/conquered this problem before?  Unfortunately I can't
post a URL as it's a development app.

Many thanks,
Karen